Thursday, August 9, 2012

Simple Future

Simple future is used for describing job or action that will to do (happened) at future.
Simple future has two different forms in English : “will” and “be going to “.


Use “will” :
a. Positive (+) : S + shall/will + verb 1
  • I shall write a story
  • They will play badminton
  • He will go to school
b. Negative (-) : S + shall/will + not + verb 1
  •  I shan’t buy a shirt
  • He won’t clean the room
  • You will not help me later
c. Interrogative (?) : Will/shall + S + verb 1  
  • Will you arrive on time ?
  • Shall we come to your birthday party ?
  • Will they want dinner ?

Use “be going to” :
a. Positive (+) : S + be + going to + verb 1
 
  • I am going to write a story
  • We are going to the room
  • She is gives a present
b. Negative (-) : S + be + not + going to verb 1
  • He is not going to visit his parents next week
  • You are not going to meet Jane tonight
  • We are not going to clean the room

c. Interrogative (?) : Be + S + going to + Verb 1 + ?
  • Am I going to visit my grandma ?
  • Are you going to meet Sam in the school ?
  • Are you buy a book ?

No comments:

Post a Comment