Saturday, August 4, 2012

Appointment


Definition of appointment :
Appointment tells about agreement for meeting. It is good to make an appointment before you meet someone or people.

What is appointment ?
Appointment (making, accepting, cancelling and changing) is words to explain readiness and capability to do or to do something, for example is give, help, come to meet.


Making an appointment :

  • I'd like to make an appointment with my friend
  • I want to make an appointment to see Mr.Adam
  • I'd like you to come and see me
  • Let's do something to help the flood victims
  • Can I come and see you ?
  • What about...
  • Will you go out with me tonight
Accepting an appointment :
  • No problem. I'm free on sunday
  • All right. see you there
  • It's a deal
  • I'll be there
  • Be there on time
  • I'll wait for you there
Declining an appointment :
  • Sorry, I can't
  • I'd love to, but I can't
  • I really want to, but I can't
  • I'm sorry, I have another appointment
Cancelling an appointment :
  • I'm sorry I can't meet you today. I'm very busy. Can we meet another day ?
  • I'm terribly sorry I have to cancel our appointment
  • I'm afraid I have to postpone my appointment with you
Responding :
  • O.K. / Fine
  • No problem ! / No big deal !
  • It's all right
  • I see / I understand

No comments:

Post a Comment